Jump to the content zone at the center

Taipei Water Department

History

History
The origin of TWD dates back to 1907 with the founding of the Taipei Water Office. In the early stagesfollowing inception, there was only a single filter unit at Xindian Creek, supplying 20,000 cubic meters of drinking water a day to about 120,000 people in Taipei. The rapid pace of urbanization and economic growth placed enormous demand s on the water supply. To meet this challenge effectively, successive water development works, in particular the four phases of the Taipei Water Supply Expansion Plan, and several reshuffles of agencies’ responsibilities were executed.